Bags have been packed for a week. I think we have everything, clothes for tropical humid weather, to be modest and to provide warmth, a big heavy sleeping bag for a trek, camera, and extra batteries. Our 5 week long adventure has begun.
After a week in Queensland, visiting J’s family, we will be boarding a plane to Kathmandu.
We will have 30 days in Nepal. The plan is to spend 3 weeks trekking in the Himalayas, and a week in Kathmandu. We are going to visit friends of J’s, people who he spent close to 6 years risking his life with, climbing big mountains, long before we knew each other. I think I have the best guide ever.
While I’m living it up in Nepal, I have some guest posts for you from some wonderful bloggers, some scheduled posts from me and I’ll be posting occasionally from afar.
Please click here to take survey to help me learn more about you!
- 800gm Ham hock
- 2 carrots - peeled and grated
- 2 potatoes - peeled and diced
- ¼ pumpkin - peeled and diced
- 1 onion - diced
- Tblsp oil
- ½ bunch of kale - chopped
- 200gm soup mix
- ½ cup barley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion to the pot with oil and fry until soft.
- Add all other vegetables, soup mix, barley and ham.
- Pour water in to cover ham.
- Cook until meat is falling from bone.
- Turn off, cool.
- Remove ham when cool enough to handle, take all meat off the bone and return meat to pot.