Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo Croutons
Author: Clare Reilly
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ head of cauliflower (350 gm) separated into florets
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 Chorizo
- 3 slices of stale sourdough
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan, reduce to low heat, add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add stock, cauliflower and potatoes, and boil until cauliflower and potatoes are soft, approx 30 mins.
- While soup is cooking cut chorizo into quarters length ways and then slice about 1 cm thick. Cut bread into roughly the same sized pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into large fry pan and heat on high heat.
- Add bread and chorizo, and cook, tossing regularly until all brown and cripsy, about 10 mins.
- Serve soup with a dollop of mascapone, and some of the chorizo and bread croutons.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/cauliflower-soup-chorizo-croutons/