Pecan, Walnut and Rosemary Sourdough
Author: Clare Reilly
Recipe type: Sourdough Bread
- 150 gm ripe bubble sourdough starter
- 300 gm cold water
- 500 gm bread flour
- 9 gm salt
- 2 tblsp finely chopped rosemary
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- ½ cup walnuts
- Roughly chop nuts, leaving a few chunky bits. Dry roast in a hot fry pan until toasted. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Mix up the starter, water, rosemary, flour, salt and nuts well until all dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Leave to rise in a cool spot until roughly doubled in size, mostly you're looking out for a cheesey stringies behind the dough.
- Once risen, turn oven to 260℃ or as hot as your oven goes.
- Shape your bread and place onto baking paper, cover with damp tea towel.
- When oven gets to temperature, slash your bread with panache, place bread and baking paper into your bread baking pot, spray with a little water, put lid on and place into oven.
- Reduce temperature to 230℃. Bake for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, remove lids and continue baking for a further 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely until slicing and enjoying with your favourite soft cheese!
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/pecan-walnut-rosemary-sourdough/