Author: Clare Reilly
- 1 kg mussels
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko or homemade bread crumbs
- frying oil (use a heat tolerant oil like Coconut, macadamia or ghee)
- Steam mussels until open.
- De-shell and de-beard mussels, discard.
- Coat mussels in flour, then egg and finally bread crumbs.
- Heat oil until bubbles come around when a wooden spoon is pressed into the oil.
- Fry in batches until golden.
- Cool on paper towel.
- Serve with Roza's Gourment Sauces European Tartare
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/crumbed-mussels/