Spiced Vegetable and Quinoa Soup
Author: Clare Reilly
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cummin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp tummeric
- 400 gm potato - 1 cm cubes
- 2 large carrots - 1 cm cubes
- 200 gm pumpkin - 1 cm cubes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch kale
- Heat oil in pan, fry spices until fragrant, approx 2 minutes.
- Add potato, pumpkin and carrot, stir until coated in spices.
- Add water, stock and quinoa, bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to simmer, simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, adding more water as necessary, until quinoa is cooked.
- Add roughly chopped kale and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/spiced-vegetable-quinoa-soup/