Foodie Secret Santa
- 200 gm blanched almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 300 gm dark chocolate
- Finely chop the blanched almonds.
- Spread in a pan and roast lightly in a moderate oven.
- Place butter and sugar in a sauce pan. Cook over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Heat to 125*C.
- Add half the almonds.
- Cook to 155*C, stirring often.
- Pour onto a lightly buttered baking tray with sides.
- Melt chocolate, stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the cooled caramel. Sprinkle with reserved nuts.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/foodie-secret-santa/