Author: Clare Reilly
- 4 eggs yolks
- ⅔ cups of caster sugar
- ¼ cup lime/lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chopped into 1 cm cubes
- Put 2 cm of water in the bottom of a sauce-pan and bring to simmer over low heat.
- In a medium heat proof bowl whisk eggs yolks and sugar together for about 2 mins, until smooth. Whisk in juice and zest until combined.
- Place bowl over sauce pan and stir constantly with plastic spatula until it thickens, this will take approx 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add a couple of chunks of butter at a time, wait until almost melted before adding the next.
- Spoon into clean glass containers and cover with cling wrap.
Makes about 1 cup
Will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/lime-curd/