Ham, Vegetable and Barley Soup
Author: Clare - The Life of Clare
- 800gm Ham hock
- 2 carrots - peeled and grated
- 2 potatoes - peeled and diced
- ¼ pumpkin - peeled and diced
- 1 onion - diced
- Tblsp oil
- ½ bunch of kale - chopped
- 200gm soup mix
- ½ cup barley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion to the pot with oil and fry until soft.
- Add all other vegetables, soup mix, barley and ham.
- Pour water in to cover ham.
- Cook until meat is falling from bone.
- Turn off, cool.
- Remove ham when cool enough to handle, take all meat off the bone and return meat to pot.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/ham-vegetable-and-barley-soup/