- Fresh Whole Beetroot
- ¾ cups water
- 1½ cups white vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoons peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash beetroot thoroughly and boil in water until tender.
- Cool and remove skins.
- Cut beetroot into slices.
- Place all other ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 mins and then strain.
- Pack beetroot slices into hot sterilised jars and top with vinegar mixture.
- Seal and store in cool place.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/home-made-burgers/