J hadn’t really ever had a vegetable garden until we started our small plot here, and I suppose this also leads on to the fact that he hadn’t eaten a lot of vegetables straight from the plant. This year I’ve been able to see the joy on his face as he watches things grow from seed, to seedling, to producing plant, and then the final product that he gets to pick and place straight into his mouth. One of this things that I wanted to plant this year was broad beans, but he wasn’t keen so we planted a variety of peas instead. So the broad beans we’ve used here were from the local farmers market.
This pasta is so wonderful and easy, delicious and fresh and leaves the most fabulous taste in your mouth. You could add some other veggies, but I recommend keeping it simple.
- 1 cup of shelled broad beans
- 50 gm butter
- 75 gm grated parmesan cheese
- pasta for 2 - about 150gm
- Cook pasta until almost cooked then add broad beans to the water.
- Melt butter in medium bowl and add cheese.
- Once pasta is cooked al dente, remove from stove, drain and add to medium bowl.
- Stir well.
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper.