Brought to you by Nuffnang and Fountain Sauces
As you can imagine, cooking shows go down pretty well in our house. Masterchef, MKR, River Cottage, Jamie, we watch them all. Although I was pretty conflicted this year, with The Block and MKR being on at the same time, but J’s preference is cooking so MKR won.
We sit and yell at the screen, at the participants saying over and over “we’ve cooked this so many times before”, or “we’ve never cooked this, but we thought this was the perfect time to give it a go”. We discus things that we might like to cook if we were on the show, and the many reasons that we definitely would never go on it (I like slow cooking too much).
If you were to go on My Kitchen Rules what would your menu look like?
- 500gm beef mince
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbspn Fountain Good Choice Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Fountain Good Choice BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbspn Fountain Good Choice Hot Chilli Sauce
- 1 bunch of bok choy
- 1 lg handful of sweet peas
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1x 440gm packet of egg noodles
- 2 tbsp Fountain Good Choice Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fountain Good Choice Sweet Chilli
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Roll into 16 balls.
- Heat ¼ cup coconut oil (or other heat stable oil).
- Fry meatballs in 2 batches for about 4 minutes, or until browned all over and cooked through.
- Set aside.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in small bowl.
- Cut veggies in desired sizes.
- In same pan as where you cooked the meatballs, fry hardest veggies until slightly softened, then add the tops of the bok choy.
- Add broken apart noodles and sauce. Stir until just combined.
- Serve with meatballs on top.
This post is part of a Nuffnang native advertising series.