It’s in my best interest to keep all our trades happy, so for ‘smoko’ each morning I’ve been taking Arnott’s Assorted Cream Biscuits, because I’ve had neither the time nor inclination to bake, out with coffee.
But one morning when I was unable to go back to sleep after J’s ridiculously early alarm went off; I got up, poured myself a cuppa, enjoyed the silence and found some Pin-spiration.
It’s no secret that I have a love affair with peanut butter and chocolate, have you ever heard of a better marriage?
- ½ cup chopped butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup crushed dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup choc chips
- 1½ cups of plain flour
- ½ tsp bi-carb soda
- Pre-heat oven to 200*C
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until well combined
- Add peanuts, peanut butter and choc chips, mix well.
- Fold in flour and bi-carb until just combined
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Roll tablespoons of the biscuit dough into balls and place on baking tray about 2 cm apart.
- Bake 10-15 mins
- Cool on tray for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack.