– We picked a bucket full of olives and have them soaking, only 8 more days until we can jar them in brine solution.
– I was quoted in the Australian Financial Review. Contacted by one of their staff after he stumbled across my post about Loam, he used my post as a base for talking about the growing disappointment in desserts.
– We’ve been eating so much yummy food out at cafes, the Elkhorn Roadhouse had an irresistible breakfast menu, and Awkward will keep me coming back for their cakes!
– I had my first experience in poaching quinces. One try with cinnamon and ginger, the other with cinnamon and Vanilla beans.
– Speaking of vanilla beans, I recently bought 250g of vanilla beans of eBay. I can’t wait to make my own vanilla extract.
– We built some shelves out of my Granddad’s old wooden ladder. We’ve placed it in our front window, which gets lots of sun, the perfect spot for herbs to grow throughout winter.
– Seedlings are popping up all over our garden, it’s so satisfying to see plants coming up in our garden.
What’s been happening in your life lately?