I’m away at the moment adventuring, but really wanted to share this amazing pizza recipe with you. Enjoy!I don’t like too many toppings, just a couple for me. A delicious homemade sauce, maybe BBQ, some cheese, a vegetable or two and maybe even some local free range meat. I like a reasonably thick base, not thin and crunchy but I don’t want to be chewing until my jaw breaks. J prefers a meaty pizza. Vegetables only top our pizza’s as a requirement by me.
J’s the pizza maker in our household, from scratch every time. I know that he has carefully and lovingly constructed the bases while I’ve been at work, when I come home to the smell of activated yeast, see flour strewn across the floor and the call of ‘What toppings do you want?’ Often though, I don’t have much of a choice, as we usually use the last of our fridge contents to top our fluffy bases.
Please click here to take survey to help me learn more about you!
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- Extra warm water
- Add yeast, sugar and water to large bowl, cover in warm place until the yeast is active and frothy.
- Add flour, and water as needed, kneed into a smooth dough.
- Return to bowl, leave covered in a warm spot until double in size (about 1 hr)
- Oil pizza tray, turn dough onto tray and press out to edges with fingers.
- Put pizza bases into hot oven (240 degree) for 10-15 mins, take out, add toppings, return to oven until cheese is golden brown (20 mins).