Romtertopf Roast Chicken
Author: Clare Reilly
- ½ a small butternut pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 whole chicken
- fresh herbs
- 60 grams of softened butter
- Place romertopf in sink full of water and the romertopf is submerged. Soak for 30 minutes.
- While romertopf is soaking chop onion, carrot and pumpkin into roast sized pieces.
- Set aside 3 springs of different herbs for the roast veggies and chop the remaining herbs finely.
- Stir the finely chopped herbs into the softened butter.
- Gently separate the skin from the breast, and spread the herb butter underneath the skin.
- Once the romertopf has been soaked for long enough, place the veggies in the bottom, and the chicken on top. The put the lid on and place into a cold oven.
- Turn the oven to 220℃.
- Cook for 2 hours, remove the lid and put back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with pork fat roast potatoes and the veggies from the romertopf.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/romtertopf-roast-chicken/