Author: Clare Reilly
Serves: about 8 breads
- 500 gm plain flour
- 170 ml warm water
- 35 ml milk
- 7 gm yeast
- 30 gm honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 egg
- Pour milk and warm water into a medium bowl, stir honey until dissolved, add yeast. Stir, leave for 15 minutes, until yeast has activated and gone foamy.
- Beat egg and add oil to it.
- Once yeast mix is frothy, add egg mix to it, them pour into mix master and add remaining ingredients.
- Knead the dough on medium for about 4 minutes.
- Put dough into oiled mixing bowl and cover. Leave until doubled in size.
- Cut dough into 90gm balls and roll to about 3 mm thick.
- Fry in a dry heavy based fry pan, once there are bubbles on the surface, flip over.
- Remove from pan and stack on plate under some foil to keep the bread moist.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/turkish-bread/