Author: Clare Reilly
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
- 2x400gm tins of chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat parsley leaves
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Turkish bread, tabouli, youghurt to serve
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blitz until combined, a few chickpea chunks are ok.
- Shape into patties (I used about a tablespoon of mix per pattie).
- Preheat oven to 180*C.
- Place into pan with hot oil, and push down slightly, to make a flatter pattie.
- Once browned, put on oven tray and cook for about 30 mins, until inside is cooked (if need be break one in ½ to check).
- Serve with Turkish bread, tabouli and yoghurt.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/falafel/