Sugar-Crusted, Spiced Macadamia Nuts
Author: Clare Reilly
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of sea salt
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 tbspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160*C, line a large tray with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites until frothy with large air bubbles. Add caster sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until all combined and soft peaks form.
- Stir in gently, spices and raw sugar, then mix through macadamia nuts until well coated.
- Spread mix on prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes (or until crisp), stirring every 10 minutes to break up.
- Allow to cool completely on tray before breaking up and putting into air tight container.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/sugar-crusted-spiced-macadamia-nuts/