Baked Cheesecake With Poached Rhubarb
Author: Clare Reilly
- 1 bunch of rhubarb
- juice and rind of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 250gm plain sweet biscuits
- 125gm melted butter
- 2x250gm packets of cream cheese
- ⅓ cup combination of sour cream and cream, or use either.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180*C
- Chop leaves and ends off rhubarb, then cut into 3cm long pieces.
- Place in baking dish with juice and rind from orange and brown sugar. Toss. Back for 20 mins.
- Once out of oven, smush and break apart pieces, until you have what looks like stewed rhubarb. Reduce oven temp to 160*C
- Put biscuits in food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, add melted butter.
- Press firmly into base and sides of 22cm greased spring form tin. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- In a mix master put the cream cheese, cream/sour cream, sugar, orange zest, vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add one egg at a time until combined.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Place your rhubarb across the top and use a skewer to stir it through.
- Bake for 50 mins to 1 hr. Coll in oven with door adjar for 2 hours, refrigerate for at least 6 hours or over night.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/baked-cheesecake-with-poached-rhubarb/