Feta, Beetroot and Spinach Tart
Author: Clare Reilly
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- 90 gm butter
- 3 tsp chilled water
- I bunch of silverbeet
- 3 small beetroot
- 90 gm feta
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- Rub Butter into flour until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add ½ of the water and combine, add more water as needed to create a dough.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins.
- While cooling, start working on tart filling.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll out on floured bench.
- Put into tart tin.
- Blind bake for 10 mins, then remove baking beads and bake for a further 10 mins.
- Chop beetroot into 1cm cubed pieces, roast with a little oil for about 30 mins.
- Wilt silverbeet in heat proof bowl, once wilted squeeze all remaining liquid from silverbeet.
- Chop feta into 1cm cubed pieces.
- Place silverbeet into tart shell and top with roasted beetroot and feta.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, cream, milk and salt and pepper, pour over spinach, beetroot and feta.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 mins.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/feta-beetroot-spinach-tart/