Ginger Beer and Honey Sourdough Fruit Loaf
Author: Clare Reilly - The Life of Clare
- 300gm ripe Ginger beer sourdough starter (166% hydration)
- 650gm cold water
- 50gm honey
- 300gm mixed fruit and nuts (I used almonds, macadamia nuts, cranberries, raisins and dried apricots)
- 18gm salt
- 1000gm bakers flour
- Mix sourdough starter, water, honey, salt and fruit and nuts.
- Then add flour. Squelch until there are no dry bits.
- Cover until doubled in size.
- Split into two round loafs, "slash with panache" (making cuts into the top of the loaves).
- Bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 20 mins and then turn oven down to 175 and cook for a further 20 mins.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/ginger-beer-and-honey-sourdough-fruit-loaf/