- 1 tsp dried yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- Extra warm water
- Add yeast, sugar and water to large bowl, cover in warm place until the yeast is active and frothy.
- Add flour, and water as needed, kneed into a smooth dough.
- Return to bowl, leave covered in a warm spot until double in size (about 1 hr)
- Oil pizza tray, turn dough onto tray and press out to edges with fingers.
- Put pizza bases into hot oven (240 degree) for 10-15 mins, take out, add toppings, return to oven until cheese is golden brown (20 mins).
This recipe makes one pizza base about 30 cm across, we get 8 slices. It feeds the two of us with a couple of slices left over for lunch the next day.
Recipe by The Life of Clare at http://www.thelifeofclare.com.au/homemade-pizza-bases/