“No, honey,” I replied, “I’ve not heard about the snow leopard.”
“Yeah, I saw one when I went to Kazakhstan.”
“You’ve been to Kazakhstan?!?!”
This type of conversation happens on a fairly regular basis in our household, and I love it. I love that we (particularly J) both lived such full lives before we met each other, and we both have new stories to tell.
When J first made this pasta dish, we had a similar conversation, but instead of a snow leopard, it was about living with The Mafia on the Gold Coast. There was something about a bag of guns that he was asked to look after, a scuba diving adventure and this pasta to finish off the evening.
“What kind of pasta?”
“Broccoli and Anchovy”
J tells the story that he wanted to vomit just hearing those ingredient put together but wanting to look cool, he held it together and quite enjoyed it really.
Do you have someone in your life who surprises you with their stories?
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 80 gm of anchovies (a small jar)
- Dash of olive oil
- 200 gm pasta
- Parmesan to serve
- Chop broccoli florets into large chunks, remove skin from stem and discard.
- Place florets and skinless stem into steamer.
- Steam until aldente (soft but with a little bite).
- Cook pasta.
- Once steamed, place broccoli on chopping board with anchovies and finely chop.
- Stir through cooked pasta, sprinkle with olive oil until evenly coated.
- Serve with Parmesan.