DD (Due Date) is just under 3 weeks away. It’s getting very close and very real! Ok, I know that sounds silly because how can it not be real with the ginormous belly in front of me. I mean, how can it not be real now that there’s a car seat in my back seat and a pram in the spare room. But up until very recently, I couldn’t really imagine a baby at the end of this tunnel.
J’s joked about me ‘nesting’ since the very start of the pregnancy. Every time I would organise something, he’d mention that it was because I was nesting, but really I just love being organised. However, recently (yesterday) I have been getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing shelves that haven’t been cleaned since we moved into this place (that’s horrible I know), and stocking our fridge like Armageddon is upon us.
Claire (Claire K Creations) mentioned to me that one of the things that she wishes she had done before her gorgeous son arrived was bake more healthy treats. So I jumped on that bandwagon and have been freezing cakes and muffins, ready for mid-night breast feeding starvations. This cake I have sliced into 2 cm thick slices and wrapped individually, then froze.
Any tips of things that are an easy freeze? Any links to freeze-able healthy snacks?
- 125 gm butter
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- ½ tsp bi-carb soda
- 3 over ripe bananas
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- Beat butter, sugar and spice until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, until combined. Stir in flour, bi-carb and all remaining ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for about 50 mins, or until a cake skewer comes out clean.