Welcome, it’s lovely to meet you! this slice is my absolute favourite recipe. I hope you love it too. Bake it, then settle in with a cup of tea. Maybe you’d like these too, and these are super quick and delicious.
This was published in the Herald Sun on Friday 24th of May
Mary Bond is my grandma, my mum’s mum. The slice mentioned is light and fluffy, crispy and browned on top, with tender bites of apples nestled throughout the slice, a recipe that I have also baked hundreds and hundreds of times.
The Herald Sun has contacted Grandma and they are going to re-publish the recipe, but I thought I’d share it with you guys first.
Update: here is the re-published recipe. Printed in The Herald Sun Thursday 30th of May.
- 3 apples - peel, cored and cut into 1cm chunks
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 125 gm butter - melted
- 1 egg
- Add apples, sugar and flour to large mixing bowl, combine.
- Add butter and egg, stir until well combined.
- Press into lined slice tray.
- sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 180 degrees for 35 - 40 mins.